Table of Contents
As long as you put in the time and effort and understand your body’s needs, you can build muscle fast; even if you are an absolute beginner.
Get started by checking out the following five ways that can help you to gain muscle quickly.
1. Start with Compound Exercises
You may think that isolation moves like bicep curls are the way to gain muscle.
Well, although it is true that such exercises can be effective when you are just starting out, you need to first develop basic fitness foundations.
When you perform isolation moves like bicep curls, later on, they will be much more effective and you will build more muscle.
Isolation moves do not help with all-around muscular development. Instead, they focus on one specific muscle.
So, as a beginner, perform a combination of exercises that will help you stimulate the overall muscle-building process, such as bench presses and deadlifts.
Start with a rep range of between eight and fifteen reps and aim for three sets for each exercise.
Compound moves are excellent for increasing the volume of muscle fiber because the lifts involve using multiple muscle groups and joints.
Also, compound moves are a great way of strengthening your stabilizing muscles, which are the ones that surround your ligaments and tendons, to help prevent injuries and aid you in recovering quicker.
2. Stick to a Regular Workout Routine and Remember to Take Time Out for Recovery
The frequency and volume of your workout will have an effect on how quickly you can build muscle.
When you first start out on your muscle-building journey, work out three or four times a week. If you go flat out six or seven days a week, your body will not be able to recover properly and it will actually take longer for you to build muscle.
Even professional athletes know they need to take time out to recover to aid in overall performance. When you remember to take rest periods each week, your muscles will adapt and grow faster.
Once your muscles become used to the routine, you can step up your training program further.
3. Supplements Can Help You to Build Muscle Faster
To build muscle fast, you not only need to stick to a regular workout routine. You also need to ensure your body is getting the right nutrition to aid muscle growth.
While gaining nutrition through food is important, you can also get your nutritional needs from supplements to help you gain muscle more quickly.
Supplementation can play a pivotal role in helping you to generate enough of a caloric surplus to support protein synthesis and workout recovery time.
The key ingredients to look for in essential muscle building supplements are:
- Creatine monohydrate, which is considered to be one of the most effective nutritional dietary supplements for increasing high-intensity capacity and lean body mass.
- Beta-alanine, which is a non-essential amino acid combined with the essential amino acid histidine. Together they form carnosine, which is a lactic acid buffering agent in the muscle that many studies have shown can help to increase the number of reps you can do with an exercise.
- Whey protein, which can contribute to an increase in muscle mass and strength when combined with the right training and diet.
- Mass gainers, which can help you reach your daily caloric intake goals so that you can increase your skeletal muscle mass while minimizing fat mass gains.
4. Consume Protein, Carbs, and Healthy Fats Daily
Yes, supplements can be beneficial for your nutritional needs for building muscle, but you still need to ensure you are getting the right nutrition from your food. If you want to gain muscle, intaking the right nutrition is crucial.
Firstly, you need to consume enough protein to help muscle growth and recovery. It is recommended that you should consume between 1.5 grams and 2 grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight. However, the exact amount will depend on the volume and intensity of your workouts.
Your body also needs sufficient amounts of carbohydrates to help you be prepared for intense workout sessions and aid you in refueling after sessions.
In addition to foods containing protein and carbs, make sure you consume a selection of healthy fats, like omega-3s, which can help to reduce inflammation that occurs after exercise and aid in the maintenance of a healthy immune system.
As well as ensuring you eat the right foods, you also need to monitor how much you are eating. When you are trying to build muscle fast, you need to create a calorie surplus, which means you consume more calories than you expend. That is why including supplements in your diet can be very helpful when you are attempting to gain muscle.
5. Mix Things Up and Get Assistance from a Personal Trainer
After a while, you will need to mix up your training routine, otherwise, your gains will start to plateau.
You should tweak your exercises, try different variations of moves, adjust your tempo, and try new equipment.
Do not run before you can walk. It is important that you stick to your initial workout routine for the first couple of months, but it is equally as important that you try new things after that time to help you to continue building muscle.
It could be helpful to get assistance from a personal trainer. He or she will be able to give you more precise tips on how to build muscle quickly, including the types of exercises you should be doing, the changes to your workout sessions that you should employ after a certain time, and the food and supplements you need to consume to get the right nutrition.
Let us recap. Quite simply, to build muscle fast, you need to focus on these things:
- Performing the right exercises regularly and ensuring you take the right time out to aid recovery.
- Consuming the right amount of protein, carbs, and healthy fats through your diet and taking the best supplements that aid in muscle gain.
- Mixing up your training session once you have mastered the basics in order to promote continued muscle growth.