If you are like me, you value fitness but struggle greatly with finding the time to commit yourself to the pursuit of it. After all, there are only so many hours in the day and unfortunately, sometimes life is just a little bit too hectic to put them towards going to the gym.
Believe me, I get it. The good news is that you don’t necessarily need constant trips to the gym to get the body that you want and deserve. In fact, we plan to help you with that. Read on for 3 methods to doing dips from the comfort of your own home.
What You Will Need
- A Sturdy Chair: Yep, no need for a fancy or elaborate dip station to perform this exorcize. To bring out the best in your chest muscles all that you are really going to need is a sturdy chair that is capable of comfortably supporting your weight.
And that is it! Like I said, there is no need to buy a single thing to perform this simple but effective exorcize. With the simplicity of a piece of furniture that everyone owns, you can put yourself on the path of impressive pecs in no time at all.
Method 1: Lower Yourself
You will begin this process with your back to the chair, placing your palms on the seat with your fingers pointing out towards your back. At this point, your legs will be bent, but to perform the exorcize, you will then lower yourself until your arms have achieved a 90-degree angle.
Method 2: Straighten Your Legs
For the first method, we allowed you to keep your knees slightly bent which establishes a base upon which the exorcize is a little bit easier.
Certainly, there is no shame in giving yourself a little bit of support but as you progress with this exorcize the goal should be to put the brunt of the burden on the strength of your chest muscles.
To accomplish this, you will want to eventually transition into performing these dips with your legs straightened out in front of you.
Feel free to transition slowly at first—if, for instance, you had been doing sets of ten with your legs bent you can feel free to incorporate this adjustment via sets of five with the ultimate goal of reaching your previous quantity standards.
Method 3: Toughen Up
You’re doing great so far but there is always room for improvement. Once you have mastered performing the dips with your legs extended, you can further challenge yourself by using a second chair to place them on.
This is going to further accentuate the pressure on your chest muscles. Adding a second chair is certainly an advanced technique so approach with a degree of caution. The principal rule of all exorcize is to ensure that you are staying within your capabilities.
Pushing yourself is good, but do remember that when you push yourself too far you run the risk of injury which can suspend your ability to perform exorcize of any kind.
As you did for the last adjustment to your exorcize routine it is recommended that you approach this next step gradually. Start with half sets and proceed from there.
And that is it! Starting a home dip regiment is simple but it will require plenty of discipline, so keep with it!
Now that we have established the basics of how to perform this highly effective exorcize let’s examine a few of the top tips for mastering the art of the dip!
- Safety First: Again, injury is good for no one. While it can be tempting to take on more than you can handle for quicker results remember that an injury can result in an indefinite end to your exorcize, which will indeed serve to suspend all prospects of progress.
Take it slow, and enjoy the process of watching your body slowly transform into an impressive specimen.
- Pay Attention to Your Elbows: The 45-degree angle that we spoke of earlier is of the utmost importance. Make sure that you are achieving that pose with your elbows every time for best results.
If your elbows are not achieving this angle you will not get the results that you are looking for. Remember, it is always better to do fewer reps the right way than it is to perform more reps incorrectly.
- Lock Your Elbows: For each rep, your elbows will begin and end in a locked position. If you can accomplish this you will know that your repetitions are a success, but if you aren’t managing this every time you will need to re-evaluate your technique.
A rep does not count if it isn’t done properly, so once again, don’t be afraid to focus on quality over quantity.
- It’s Ok to Take a Break: While daily exorcize is an excellent habit to get into, that is not to say that you should perform the same exorcizes every single day.
For best results, start out doing your dips a few times a week and go from there.
The breaks will give your muscles the time that they need to recover so you won’t need to worry about injury as much.
As you can see, performing a dip at home is both simple but challenging. If you follow the above-illustrated methods you will find success. Just be sure to take your time, and know your limitations.
I think you will find that if you allow yourself time to make gradual progress and commit to a regular routine you will be amazed by how quickly you see results.
Committing to a regiment of dips is the perfect way to strengthen your chest muscles and build an impressive physique. Just do it. You’ll be glad you did when your body looks better than ever before.